In Person & Virtual Garden Coaching Services in Lexington, KY
What is Garden Coaching?
Garden coaching is for anyone who wishes to learn more about gardening. They may have a certain project in mind we can focus on and the homeowner can tackle the project at their own pace. As a garden coach, my goal is to teach you the best techniques and resources on how to create the best garden you can. You can be an experienced gardener, or you can basically have a black thumb, garden coaching does not have any pre-requisites.
Many of my garden coaching clients contact me because they have no idea how to get started working on their landscaping and need guidance. Budget, time, and knowledge are usually all constraints to some degree. I can help create you a plan that will guide you in the right direction to tackle your projects the right way the first time. Most of all, clients have found repeated sessions to be motivation since I will serve as your accountability partner!
Examples of how garden coaching could help you:
- The next step to your project
- Simply, motivation! An accountability partner
- Gardening Resources/Products
- How to be frugal in the garden
- By simply saving time, money, and hard work
- Having a list of tasks and in what order to tackle them
- Addressing concerns in the landscape such as: soil, drainage, plant health care, invasive plants, etc.
- How to revamp and reconfigure the garden
- How to look at the space to create your dream garden
- Suggesting plants for certain areas
- Identifying plants and if they’re working in the landscape
- Identifying plants
- Learning how to garden sustainably
- How to plant, mulch, water, and weed most effectively
- What are the weeds and how to get rid of them
- Eradicating invasive plants
- The best tools and how to take care of them (buying the best tools up front can save your hundreds of dollars)
- How to plant a tree properly
- How to mulch properly
- Watering skills
- The how, when, what of fertilizing
- Educational resources
- Meeting you at the nursery to pick out plants
- Procuring the plants in your design
- Marking out garden bed lines
- Placing plants before being planted
- Overseeing hardscape installation within the garden
- Methods for eradicating invasive plants
- Proper gardening techniques and methods
- How to plant trees, shrubs, perennials, annual pots
- How to prune properly
Vegetable Garden & Homesteads
- How to start plants from seed, when to plant
- Growing vegetables and other edible plants
- How to set up a homestead- chickens, garden, compost, etc.
- How to compost
- Pruning mistakes
- How to attract more birds and pollinators to the garden
- Creating a certified Monarch Waystation or Backyard Wildlife Habitat
- The sustainable methods for nativescaping
- All about native bees
In Person Garden Coaching
STEP 1. Initial Consultation
The consultation is where we will take a tour of your current garden or project area. We can talk about your vision, goals, and struggles, and the steps to take to accomplish your project. After this consultation, I follow up with you with a written summary of our consultation plus other relevant information that will guide you in your project. This consultation portion usually lasts around 60 minutes.
Initial Consultation Fee $150/$165
STEP 2. Additional Sessions
You may wish to continue with additional sessions, in-person or virtually, that will expand and go more in depth as you tackle your project. Minimum 1 hr, billed in 15 min increments.
In Person Garden Coaching Session by the hour $75
Virtual Garden Coaching
Available by Phone Call, Email, FaceTime, or Zoom.
Virtual Gardening Coaching is available for more general gardening questions related to plant care, garden care, garden planning, gardening skills and methods, resources, etc. If you’re an existing client, these sessions are great if you have questions about moving forward with your project.
If you’re looking for plant recommendations, you can prepare by observing and being able to describe the site’s conditions like sunlight and soil quality. If you’re looking for specific recommendations for an on-site project, I recommend starting with an initial in-person consultation if possible. Virtual sessions do not have a minimum but will be billed in 15 minute increments.
Virtual Garden Coaching by the hour $50
- Upon your purchase you will see a link to fill out a form. Or you may click here.
- If you would like a different amount of time, just contact me and we will get you set up!
- Sessions extending past 1 hour will be billed additionally in 15minute increments.
Garden Coaching Specials
Full Season Garden Coach
These packages can begin at anytime of the year, but must be used within a 12month timeframe. These sessions are designed to take place for 10 months of the year, but there is flexibility according to your needs.
- Initial in-person consultation PLUS 6 in-person sessions PLUS 3hours of virtual sessions $725 ($40 savings)
- Initial in-person consultation PLUS 9 hours of online sessions $575 ($40 savings)
In Person Garden Coaching Packages
- Initial In-person consultation PLUS Five 1 Hour In Person Garden Coaching Sessions $500 ($40 savings)
- Five 1 Hour In Person Garden Coaching Sessions $350 ($25 savings) existing clients only
Virtual Garden Coaching Package
- Five 1hr Virtual Sessions $225 ($25 savings)
- Initial In-Person Consultation PLUS three 1hr virtual sessions $300 ($15 savings)
- Initial In-Person Consultation PLUS five 1hr virtual sessions $375 ($35 savings)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in one of these packages. Specials must be used within 1 year from date of purchase. Does not include applicable travel fees. Any additional coaching time needed can be added onto packages at the normal rate.