Katrina is available to speak on gardening related topics for events and organizations in Lexington, Kentucky and surrounding areas.
- Meet the Native Bees: Who they are and how to attract them
- Shade Gardening: How to plan a shade garden and overcome some common difficulties
- Your Garden Dream: Finding inspiration in designing your dream garden
- Attracting Birds to Your Garden: Using native plants to provide habitat
Presentations have been given for: Kentucky Garden Clubs, Woodford County Extension Office, Barren County Extension Office, Mason County Extension Office, Fayette County Extension Office, LFUCG, Seedleaf, University of Kentucky Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), Wild Ones Lexington, Providence High School Wilmore, KY
Please fill out the form below if you would like to inquire about speaking at your event.
Kentucky Native Plant Society
- “The Many Benefits of Groundcovers in the Garden” June 2021
- “Plant Opportunities to Attract Hummingbirds this Summer” May 2020
- “Blue Orchard Bee” Aug 2017
- “Light Pollution Effects on Wildlife” July 2017
- “Wild Ones Spring Native Plant Garden Tour” May 2017
- “Backyard Birding with Cats” Feb 2017
- “Bee Creative! Make a Home for Native Bees” Nov 2016
- “Plants with Late Season Appeal” Oct 2016
- “Mosquito Spraying: Pollinators Plight” Sept 2016
- “Winning Combinations: Plant Combinations for August” Aug 2016
- Southsider “A Peek Over the Garden Gate” May 2015
- Chevy Chaser “A Peek Over the Garden Gate” May 2015
- “Do It Yourself: Give Holiday Gifts You Can Make At Home” November 2014
Lexington Community Radio
Lexington Herald Leader
What students had to say…
“I really enjoyed the class, opened my eyes in many ways. Katrina is a treasure of knowledge” -Margaret M.
“I want to thank you for the past weeks that you taught me. I appreciate all that you did for us.”- Patricia B.
“Great lesson! Thanks for all the valuable information.”- Patsy B.
“I am enjoying this class so much so thank you for all the information.” – Barbara F.
“I wanted to tell you after class yesterday what a great class it was, but there were so many people wanting your attention that I decided to just mosey on my way. You were terrific. The material was well organized. Your presentation was right on target. You patiently answered questions, and people left feeling empowered to become the best gardeners they can be. I can hardly wait to see how they feel when they have the whole gamut of what you will teach us. I look forward to Fridays and maybe turning my brown thumb into a green one.”- Sandy E.
“I really enjoyed your class and learned much and hopefully my yard/garden will reflect that in the coming years. I will refer to my notes often.”- Evie B.
“I want to say again how much I enjoyed your class. You teach in an easy understandable manner which makes it nice for novice gardeners. I appreciate your sharing places to go for seeds, plants,etc, web sites and your power point slides.” Vicki R.