Estimates for landscape cleanup are free if within Lexington. Outside of Lexington, a travel fee will apply.
On Site Consultations
- Part or full consultation fee is credited on designs over certain amounts.
- The consultation fee is due at the time of the consultation by cash only. Please, no checks at this time.
- Pre-Consultation Survey
- This survey allows me to learn more about your wishes and come better prepared to serve you.
What you get with a consultation
- Pre-Consultation Analysis
- Up to 2 hour On-Site Consultation
- Write up of notes sent by email
- A follow up email if needed
Consultations are a great way to learn about your garden and address issues that may be happening in the landscape. During this on site initial consultation we will meet one another and discuss the current condition of the site. We will idealize a design vision and assess your needs and wants of the landscape.
Some topics that may be addressed during a consultation
- Issues in the landscape, like functionality, drainage, invasive plants, plant diseases and pests
- General maintenance suggestions
- Plant identification
- Suggestions for new plants or transplanting
- Visualization of design ideas
- Your needs and wants of the garden
- Resources for plants, materials, or references for other professional services
A consultation may also be very beneficial when considering purchasing or selling a home. A landscape that needs a lot of work that could be a negotiating factor that could save you hundreds to thousands of dollars.
Everyone benefits from a consultation, wether you’re a diy-er, moved into a new home, or want a new planting design for your garden. Clients have found consultations to be very useful and has saved them time, energy, resources, and money in many ways.
For consultations outside of Lexington, a travel fee will be added $54 cents per mile from zip code 40514.
Personal Garden Coaching
Initial On-Site Consultation $100
Additional Visits: $50 per hour
If you’re simply looking for help renovating your garden and home landscape, or starting a new one, garden consulting may be just what you need!
Garden consulting may also be useful for the client who has a garden design, but would like help installing it themselves.
As your personal garden coach I am here for you as a guide to any of your gardening questions.
Examples of how garden consulting could help you:
- Save time, money, and hard work
- Laying out tasks and in what order to tackle them
- Addressing concerns in the landscape such as: soil, drainage, plant health care, invasive plants, etc.
- How to revamp the garden
- Identifying plants and if they’re working in the landscape
- Suggesting plants for certain areas throughout the garden
- Picking out plants at a nursery
- Laying out garden bed lines or plants
- Overseeing hardscape installation within the garden
- Methods for eradicating invasive plants
- Proper gardening techniques and methods
- Learning how to garden sustainably
- How to plant, mulch, water, and weed most effectively
- Growing vegetables and other edible plants
- How to attract more birds and pollinators to the garden
- Sources for the best plants, mulch, and other gardening materials